Goals, Planning & Happiness: Have you been feeling sad, depressed, listless? And you feel like doing – nothing? And then you do just that – nothing. And your mood gets worse…your self-esteem spirals down…and so on.
Believe it or not, when you feel sad and unmotivated, the last thing you need to do is – nothing.
One of the greatest obstacles to happiness is feeling like we are wasting our lives away. People have a need to feel useful, to feel they matter, to feel that they have done something worthwhile with their time.
If you are feeling very low, start with making simple goals like:
- I will go for a 5 minutes walk everyday for the next 7 days.
- I will journal 5-10 minutes everyday about how I feel for the next 7 days.
- I am going to talk to a friend everyday for the next 7 days.
- I’m going to help someone feel better everyday for the next 7 days.
Start with something simple like this. And when you complete your 7-day goal, I can guarantee you will feel better than when you started.
Now let’s take it up higher. Maybe you are already feeling alright, but work each day on an ad-hoc basis. I have done that. And we do achieve goals even that way. However, I saw that when I made very specific goals and plans, I achieved a lot more.
- Make a list of your Monthly Goals.
- Break the Monthly Goals down to 4 Weekly Goals.
- Now take each week, and break the goals down to 7 days of Actionable Daily Lists.
- Make sure your goals are Realistic, Achievable, Exciting.
- Follow through and as your daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met, watch your self-esteem soar. Watch your moods become better and better.
To help you do this, I have created a simple set of FREE PRINTABLES. CLICK BELOW, Download them, and fill them out! 😀
Take this as a 30-Day Challenge! Set your goals & follow this plan for a month, and let me know how you feel.
Do you want to stay in touch, get these updates in your inbox along with other happiness & spiritual development tips? Look to the right of this blog article and click on the free ebook of your choice: 1) 12 Steps to Happiness or 2) Learn to See Auras. Download the free ebook, and subscribe to my newsletter.