Nature has given us amazing gifts that can help us get healthier, and feel and look better. Lemons are among those simple wonders of nature. Let’s take a look at 15 health & beauty benefits of lemons:
1. Drinking a warm glass of water with lemon first thing in the morning helps your body detox, and clear your digestive system. And drinking warm lemon water throughout the day aids in the detox. If you start to get loose motion, reduce the quantity of lemon water. Do rinse your mouth with water after drinking lemon water, because lemon juice can harm tooth enamel.
2. Applying lemon juice to dark pigmentation like age spots, acne marks, scars etc lightens those marks, and over time erase them. Apply lemon juice and keep it for 10-20 minutes before washing with water.
3. Drinking lemon water, especially a warm glass on empty stomach in the morning helps in weight loss. Some people like to add a teaspoon of local, raw, organic honey as well to the lemon water.
4. Applying lemon juice with honey to your skin helps in diminishing blemishes and helps make the skin glow. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes and then wash off.
5. Rinsing your mouth with lemon water or drinking lemon water freshens your breath. After that rinse mouth once more with plain water so that your teeth enamel is not harmed.
6. Rubbing lemon halves to your elbows and knees helps improve the darkened skin pigmentation there.
7. Applying Lemon juice directly to warts regularly for several days starts to dissolve warts.
8. Applying lemon juice to your scalp and leaving it on for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing helps with dandruff. You can also mix lemon juice with coconut oil and massage to your scalp and leave for an hour before washing off. This too helps with dandruff.
9. Lemons are a good source of Vitamin C and Pottasium.
10. Lemons help with joint pain, as it dissolves uric acid that causes inflammation in the joints. Mix lemon juice with warm water and drink through the day.
11. Lemons are anti-bacterial.
12. Warm lemon water helps with sore throat.
13. If your teeth are not sensitive, you can make a paste of lemon juice and baking soda, and apply to your teeth for teeth whitening. Keep for a minute, then brush with your tooth brush (without toothpaste) and rinse off really well.
14. Lemons are very powerful for aromatherapy use. You can either smell a fresh lemon, or lemon essential oil, or smell the lemon in the warm lemon water you drink. The smell of lemon is a powerful aid in helping one feel happier.
15. You can whiten and clean your nails by immersing your nails in warm lemon water. Or you can mix lemon with olive oil and massage your nails and cuticles to whiten and strengthen them.
Can you add some benefits you know of that I have not listed here? Please leave me your comments, and share this article with others. Thank you so much.