Where is the Heart chakra located? The Heart chakra or the “Anahata” chakra (Sanskrit name) is located in the center of the chest – the center of the breastbone. It’s position behind is between the shoulder blades, where the first thoracic vertebra is.
What is the color of the Heart chakra? Emerald Green.
What does the Heart chakra do?
1. As one can guess, the primary function is love (not just romantic love). Self-love, unconditional love, Divine love.
2. Healthy and balanced relationships with others.
3. It is the bridge between the lower 3 and upper 3 chakras.
4. Helps easily forgive others and self.
5. Associated with the circulatory system, respiratory system, arms, shoulders, Thymus gland, ribs.
7. Ability to heal.
What problems might an imbalanced & blocked Heart chakra cause? Many things can cause the heart chakra to get imbalanced. Eg: Grief from losing loved ones to death or divorce or misunderstandings, betrayals, emotional or physical abuse, getting abandoned etc. Following issues could happen depending on an underactive or overactive heart chakra.
1. Heart problems.
2. Blood pressure (high or low).
3. Lung issues, like pneumonia, pleurisy.
4. Emotionally unavailable, not able to express emotions.
6. Way too closed or private.
7. Possessiveness, jealous.
9. Self-hatred, or neglecting to care for oneself.
10. Not helpful, or overly helpful.
11. Not bothered about others or overly nurturing and protective, controlling.
12. Poor circulation.
13. Breast health issues.
14. Loneliness, shyness.
15. Betrayals (facing betrayal, or betraying others).
20. Immune system disorders.
22. Very judgemental, over-critical.
24. Sadness, depression. Unable to keep a positive outlook in life.
25. Too giving (unbalanced), not receiving.
26. People pleaser. Very concerned about what others think of them. Needy of others’ approval, acceptance, love.
27. Feeling unloved, unworthy, unappreciated.
What body parts & systems are associated with the Heart chakra? Heart & circulatory system, thymus gland, lungs & respiratory system, shoulders, diaphragm, arms, ribs, breasts.
How do you balance, unblock, heal & clear the Heart chakra? There are several things you can do to balance, unblock & heal this chakra.
1. Practice being open about your emotions and feelings. Talk to people honestly about how you feel if you are close to them. Or write journals.
2. Work on healing past issues (meditation, journaling, EFT, life coaching, counseling).
3. Forgive whoever you have to forgive, including yourself (through EFT, meditation, affirmations, life coaching, counseling etc)
4. Wear green clothes, surrounding yourself with green decor.
5. Wearing or keeping in your pocket or purse green & pink crystals like Rose Quartz, Pink Tourmaline, Rhodonite, Green Jasper, Emerald, Green Tourmaline, Jade, Chrysoprase, Malachite, Dioptase, Aventurine, Peridot, Moss Agate.
6. Saying affirmations like: “I am Divine Love”, “I am loving”, “I love”, “I am lovable”, “I am loved”, “I love myself”, “I am forgiving”, “I forgive easily” help heal your Heart chakra.
7. Aromatherapy with essential oils like Rose, Sandalwood, Bergamot, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Neroli, Frankincense, Hyssop, Angelica.
8. Spending time outside in nature where there is plenty of greenery, and relaxing and really enjoying the feeling of connection with nature.
9. Chant “Aaaaaaah” while focusing your awareness on the heart chakra.
10. Listening to the note B.
11. Do a random act of kindness every day for 21 days or so and see how you feel.
12. Get Reiki healing, Reiki healing attunement, or get attuned to Reiki.
14. Doing the yoga poses like Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana, and Camel Pose or Utrasana.
15. Focus and meditate on a Heart chakra mandala, like this one below:
16. Breathe in Emerald-Green light into your Heart chakra. This is how you do it: Close your eyes, and when you breathe in, imagine a bright and beautiful Emerald Green light entering your Heart chakra, and brightening and clearing it. Say your affirmations for this chakra along with this exercise.
17. I find visualization most effective for this purpose. Close your eyes, and imagine an Emerald Green disc where your Heart chakra is. You can imagine it to be of a diameter of about 5″. Focus on it for a few seconds, and then start enlarging and brightening this disc. Enlarge it to extend out of your body and around it to a diameter of about 2 feet. Say in your mind, “My Heart chakra is now balanced, opened, and healed”. However, this needs to be done for all the 7 chakras, so they are all balanced. Doing this once or twice a day for all your 7 chakras keeps your chakras balanced, opened, unblocked, and helps you be physically, emotionally, energetically, and spiritually healthy. It also improves your psychic senses.
Next Friday I will write about the Throat Chakra.
PAST ARTICLES IN THE CHAKRA SERIES:
What are Chakras? I have written an overview of chakras as part 1 of this series: https://thepurpleflower.com/friday-spiritiual-psychic-development-what-are-chakras/
Root Chakra: https://thepurpleflower.com/friday-spiritualpsychic-development-all-about-the-root-chakra/
Sacral Chakra: https://thepurpleflower.com/friday-spiritualpsychic-development-all-about-the-sacral-chakra/
Solar Plexus Chakra: https://thepurpleflower.com/friday-all-about-the-solar-plexus-chakra/
If you liked this article, please share and comment 😀