I’m starting a new series around “Improve Your Finances”. Every Wednesday I will give you a new exercise. Are you with me on this? 🙂
What are your beliefs & thoughts about money?
Do you happen to have a problematic relationship with money? You’re not alone if you do. In fact I used to have a really bad relationship with money. LOL! I have been working on my spiritual & self help business for long, but I used to always do everything for free. Yep, I didn’t earn a single penny.
Oh I didn’t like the fact that I didn’t earn. But did I do anything about it? Nope!
Would you like to know what my behavior with money was? 🙂 My beliefs, feelings, thoughts? 🙂
Here are a few:
1. Asking for money is being greedy (even if I worked for it).
2. Accepting money from anyone is being greedy (even if I worked hard for it).
3. Money is the cause of all kinds of problems.
4. I just cannot earn money.
5. One must never charge money for spiritual work (I didn’t wonder how people who did spiritual work full time pay their bills…neither do other people with this belief wonder. Maybe go beg? 😛 ).
6. Spiritual and good people do not think about money (yeah they live in Utopia, and their bills should get paid automatically without them ever knowing about money. haha!)
Here is how I behaved around money:
1. I don’t know how to manage money, so please can someone else handle it for me?? This is such a PAIN! I don’t like it!
2. I hate money talk. Yawn! Can we talk of something else?
3. If I go out to eat with friends I absolutely MUST pay for everyone. Always. It will be totally shameful if I let someone else pay for me.
My pre-conditioning with money:
My parents had a very hard time with money. We were comfortable, but just barely scraping through. Didn’t ever lack for the basics like just enough clothes, food, rental apartment etc. But they were under huge loans. They were always stressed about money. I do understand that I was still better off than many in the world. But the mentality I was brought up with was one of “lack”.
If you read everything above, you can see that I was doing everything possible to push money away from me. And yet I was surprised why I had money problems. 😀
Finally, I went around diligently changing my relationship with money by changing my mentality, my thoughts, beliefs, emotions, & limitations, through meditation, Law of Attraction, and EFT tapping.
And magic seemed to start happening in my life as a result.
Would you like to change your relationship with money and change your money patterns?
If you would like to go on an “Improving Finances Journey” with me, I’d like you to do this exercise with me this week:
EXERCISE FOR THIS WEEK: This week, notice what your own beliefs, thoughts, behavior, pattern, emotions, & childhood conditioning is about money. And then make a list. Actually add your comments under this article, so that I will know what your beliefs and patterns are that need to be changed.
Next week, I’ll start addressing how to change these limiting beliefs and patterns. So don’t forget to do your exercise for this week, and come back next Wednesday for the next part of this journey.