“When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticisms and misguided opinions, walking away is the best way to stand up for yourself. To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude.”
Have you been in a situation like this? Where you were dealing with someone or a group of people who is spiteful and disrespectful? And you kept trying to explain yourself to them, and yet it just kept getting worse? You felt totally confused and confounded because you couldn’t understand why they were being so pointlessly rude. You didn’t understand why they were being so illogical.
Of course, you have experienced this. We live on Planet Earth, and this is part of almost anyone’s experience. 😉
What normally happens when we face such a situation?
We either 1) Keep trying to explain ourselves hoping they will understand, or 2) We get hurt and upset and think there must be something wrong with us that they are being this way, or 3) We get very angry and lower ourselves to their level and get into a rudeness-competition.
You probably tried all three options. Sadly none of them works.
But fear not, there is an option 4.
Option 4 is to walk away without responding. You are not being a coward when you walk away. You are walking away because you realize that having the last word does not validate your self-esteem or self-worth. You walk away because a problem cannot be resolved by lowering yourself to the level of the problem.
And don’t worry, there is MUCH you can do AFTER you walk away. Here is where the fun starts. Here is when you can actually solve the problem. So read the next part very carefully.
God has given us a very powerful tool – our subconscious mind. What we impress upon our subsconcious mind with faith is manifested in our world.
So here is what you do:
- Walk away.
- Calm yourself down. Do whatever you can to bring yourself to a calm place. Meditate, listen to music, workout, pray…whatever works for you.
- Now imagine the person in question in your mind. Go back to the scene BEFORE the problem started, and re-write or re-imagine the entire scene. This time imagine it unfolding in a beautiful, loving way. And when you imagine, make sure you see yourself in the first person…meaning, don’t see yourself in your mind like you would be watching yourself in a photograph or a video. Imagine you are really there in the scene. When you are really there in the scene, you don’t see yourself, do you? You see your hands, you see the front of your body, but can’t see your face. Get what I mean? This part is important. And imagine it all unfolding beautifully. Feel the emotions…how would you feel if it was really going that way?
- Imagine that person being really nice to you, and you being very nice to them.
- Imagine yourself as love, lovable, loving…worthy of all the love and respect.
- Let it go. Do not obsess with it. If you find yourself thinking back about the bad experience, tell your mind, “STOP”. And remember as a memory that it was all a beautiful interaction, and this person was really nice to you.
- If you do this again and again with such situations, you will start to see the power of your subconscious mind, because you will see how the behavior of the person changes towards you.
Do you see how simple that was? It works too. If you have never done this before, it might feel strange and awkward. But in time you will realize that this is the only way to create or change your reality – you don’t change your reality by fighting or arguing with others. The power lies within you. It always was within you.
To understand this concept further, I suggest you read Neville Goddard’s books. Begin with “Feeling Is The Secret”. Many of his books are available for free online as pdf. So you can search them up. You will realize how much simpler life really is.
JOIN my FREE Facebook group where I have a free course on connecting with your angels, and we discuss many other topics like Manifesting, Joyful Living, Intuition & Psychic Development, Healing etc. Click on the link below and answer the questions there to join the group:
Also, if you need a personal one on one coaching to help you with manifesting a better life, manifesting money, love, health, please book a 1-hour session with me here: https://thepurpleflower.com/one-on-one-coaching/
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.