For this blog post, I decided to take a break from the Soulmate series.
When we have a bad day, we often get so caught up in that negative energy that we carry it forward to the next day. And that affects the next day as well. Here is a way to change the energy of a “bad day” at the end of the day so that you can start with cleared, healed energy the next day.
I know we all talk about how the past cannot be changed so move on etc. And if you have been following my blog, you will know that I don’t believe in past or future…I believe that it is all happening in the “now”. So the point is, that we each have many events of the same “past”, and many lines into the possible futures. I have written a blog post on how to re-write your past. There is also a meditation given there to do precisely this.
So coming back to today’s topic, suppose your day did not go as well as you wanted it to go. For example: 1) You got a headache 2) You did not make good sales at work. If you continue thinking of it all, you will be attached to the negative energy of those events, and possibly snowball the same energy into the coming days. We need to stop that negative energy right there. So, do this every night before you sleep:
1. Make a list of events for the day that did not go well.
2. Now take each event one by one, and close your eyes, and imagine/daydream that the event went exactly as you wanted it to go. So if you got a headache, imagine that as soon as the headache started, it vanished all by itself and you felt healthy, happy, energetic. If you did not make good sale at work, imagine that you actually did – see the exact numbers you wanted. And in each situation, pretend it is the truth, and FEEL happy as you would if that’s the way things went.
3. Tell your subconscious mind or the Universe, “Thank you for such an awesome day!”.
4. Go to sleep with happiness in your heart.
5. Wake up the next day by remembering that you re-wrote the energy, let the old events go, and work with the new energy. Even if you need to keep pretending for the rest of the day, do so, because you certainly do not want to be attached to the negativity of the events that did not go well. You want to work with fresh, clear, healed energy.
Do this practice for at least a month or two, re-writing each day at the end of the day, and come back and let me know how you feel emotionally.
You will realize the power of this exercise when you do this with the attitude like that of a child…children make believe really well. Emulate them, and see what happens.